The web catalogue for OLIB
- The Title/Author Search is used to find items where you know the title and/or the author.
- The author can be a person, an organisation or government department.
- Enter the whole title of an item if you know it. If it is a long title, just type in the first few words.
- If you don't know the whole title but just want to match on a word or phrase in the title field, precede your word or phrase with the % as a wildcard character, e.g. %autism.
- If you know the subtitle, you can enter all or part of it in the subtitle field.
- In the author name or organisation box, enter the author's name or the name of the organisation. This is a keyword search, so you can enter all the words, or just a few of the words, in any order. For example, "john smith" or "smith, john" will find records by that author.
- Change the number of hits per result page if you would like more (or fewer) hits per page.
- Options to limit your search, e.g. by publication date and/or media type, are available at the bottom of the page.
- Once you have entered your search term(s), click on the Search button or press Enter to run the search.
- If you have any other queries on title/author searching, please contact the library staff for assistance.